Next Week...

Being self-employed is nice...You get to work half-days and the best part is, it doesn't matter which twelve hours it is...On the overtime days, like today, I'm backbreaking deep into a complex electrical panel on a Sprinter van...Close to finishing it, but as the Supremes said, "...you can't hurry love..."...

Next week is a respite of sorts but not really...Off to Japan for a workshop at my friend Genki's place...A 150 year old, owner owner, coastal Japanese home...I've been there, it's cool...

This trip I expect it to be a blur...Culture shock on steroids...I justgo where I'm told, eat what's in front of me and look for chairs...

I leave Thursday 7;30PM, get into Bejing 10+ hours later....Next on the exploration buck list, Bejing International Airport...!2 hours...Then early in the morning it's off to Japan merely 4 hours away...Just after lunch on the second day, I get into Tokyo, connect with my snowboarding / skateboarding buddy Mike...Onto trains until darkness, then we are there...

Really looking forward to rural, coastal Japan...Not exactly like small Oregon beach towns but similar, but still culturally a 180 from our ways...Make that 175...

A couple days later boards get built then it's back on the train to Tokyo where I'm going to be hosting or guesting in a treehouse that seats 12 in upscale Tokyo...!!!... WTF...???...

Next day I'm on a plane heading home...

My strategy is to always have a full extra camera battery on hand...

When I get back there are people who want to build boards and vans that need my attention...Life is good...

Links to:

Air Mat 

Art 





Full