Forty-Six...

(above)  The ceiling...The existing one had bolts for the roof rack extending in, and the adhesive from the previous ceiling was dried hard and un-removable without grinding...The clearance I have with the fold-out bed is pretty tight, so to work over the existing surface I added the silver foam and added plywood furring strips around the perimeter and one across the center...

(above)  Into the plywood are Tee-nuts to add attachment points to hang things...

(above)  The roof is a fiberglass/foam/fiberglass sandwich, that has good enough insulating values...The foam and plywood are there primarily for adhering the 1/8" plywood to...

(above)  I need to open up the plywood for access to the tee-nuts so I made a "story board" to lay-out their locations...Keep the measuring to a minimum...

(above)  Another plywood story board for the lengthwise...

(above)  Ready to drill and cut out the notches for the roof lifters...

(above)  Over the cheap plywood will be veneer and veneer thin copper...Helping with the ceiling is my good friend and artist, Mike Cummins...

(above)  Mike lays out a "rising sun" pattern on the ply...

(above)  ...and then the horizon...

More on this later...