Forty-Seven...

(above)  "Sand Ladders" ...There's a pair that need to come along for the ride...The options for where to store them were focused on the roof  rack area...The best place for these seldom used, but nice to have when you do need them, is a place that will not limit storage of other things so I decided to locate them under the roof rack...

(above)  But the racks were an inch too low...So I made some vertical spacers...I cut a few on the tablesaw until the windstorm we had yesterday knocked out the power...So I made a simple, nail together, jig for cutting the electrical conduit connectors to length...

(above)  Ready to install...The washers keep the spacers centered on the bolts...I unbolted the rack and slipped these between the rack and the rubber mounting studs...

(above)  Ready to go up...The industrial strength 36" nylon ties will hold the tracks tight to the bottom of the rack and off the roof...


(above)  Track #1 slipped in place...

(above)  #2 in place and both tied to the rack bottom...

(above)  Perfect fit in the most unused space on the roof...

(above)  And how it looks from on top...

I left the roof lifted while doing this work and was up and down on it for a couple hours...I climbed onto the rack and worked from there with the roof up and I can say I was surprised that the pneumatic rams that lift/hold the roof up, never moved...Close to bombproof I'm sayin'...

You can also see on the far side that the shovel / ax holder is now bolted directly to the rack...It used to be "clamshell clamped" to the rack...

(above)  Test fit for carrying a paddle for the paddleboard... Succeed...

(above)  I'm going to add tie-down bolts up here, onto the oval bracket up front...

(above)  Like these but with longer threads to get through the roof to the ceiling...

(above)  Next, I installed the mount for the touchscreen mobile computer...

(above)  To get the power base to fit the mount, I cut and modified it...

(above)  From the driver's seat...

(above)  It's all very tight in there and this location offers safe visibility of the road and easy to use positioning...It swings out of the way and disconnects in seconds, nice features when you don't want it there...

More later...