With the cabinets almost ready to install, my goal for the day was three fold…First create a “foundation” for the curb side case under the porta-potti…Next on the list is to build in-place the propane locker…And finally, sand and paint on a coat of epoxy on the driver side and curb side cabinets…





(above) The shower floor is over the grey water storage tank and the tank has no floor cover over it…Not good enough to set a cabinet on…The excess foam from under the shower was cut out the loose debris was swept up then….









(above) …the vacuum was finally pulled out to have a dust free work space…





(above) After the suck out, I wiped everything off with a wet towel…





(above) With some scrap plywood and foam insulation, I made this panel to fit over the GW tank…





(above) Polyurethane adhesive works great bonding wood and fiberglass…It’s what I prefer to use when bonding the same materials on my hollow wood surfboards…I’ve tested heaps of similar adhesives and I prefer the PL brand of this type of adhesive…


It is a good thing to have damp surfaces to bond to, so I didn’t wait long after wiping with the wet towel to install the plywood support…Used a whole tube of the goop here… 





(above) Floor patch installed…This floor fix went faster than I thought it might…Sometimes these little things eat up huge amounts of time…It’s just the nature of working in the vehicle compared to shop building things…What I haven't shown , is the pattern making to get this fast fix done…Looks pretty simple but there are three levels of material to get the floor to finish this flush…





(above) While waiting for the floor adhesive to set, I installed the drop leaf support that will extend the curb side cabinet to turn the 60” bench…… 





(above) ……into a 73” bed…Now it can sleep two...Maybe three if you put one on the floor...???...!!!...





(above) Back to the Jeep…These are 4# propane tanks…The goal is to get the pair to fit, along with a regulator and hose into a small unused space behind the passenger seat…





(above) It’s tight…





(above) More than tight…





(above) I pulled out some scrap fiberglass cloth and tape, mixed up a few small batches of epoxy resin and glassed the floor and the corner connections of the plywood joints…Even though it’s under the cabinets, I want everything to be waterproof and strong…After the cabinet is installed here, I will glass it in place as well…





(above) The propane locker has the top on and it too is fiberglassed…I ran the glass up the cabin wall to tie all this together and as important, to have an air tight separate cabinet for the propane tanks……


The push stick and the sticks on the floor and top are temporary holds to keep the back wall of the locker straight…


I am dealing with a very small space to have this fit and am fighting for fractions of an inch of space…One thing these pictures don’t convey very well is just how small of an area this back end of the jeep ER is and that tight work space can make building seemingly small things like this take longer than is hoped for…


To get the forward tank to fit required a whole bunch of small pieces of plywood to fit next to the roof-lifting-rams…The building of this was all pattern-test-recut-and fit…More than a dozen pieces went into this…All that said, it took longer than it looks…





(above) Back in the shop I worked on this case…I opened up an inspection hatch for the house battery compartment…There will be a removable panel on the rear, but I want to have an easy way to look in and if need be get a wrench in there… 


After that, both this case and the driver side case were sanded and I brush and rollered on a thinned out coat of epoxy resin inside and out, top and bottom, sides and back……Long day done…


More later…