Twenty-Seven...


Today the focus is to get the cab-over components sealed with epoxy for final installation...



(above) The bed was disassembled so the monitor and gauge panel could be installed on the under side of the platform...



(above) Next the gauge pattern was pin-nailed to a piece of 1/2" ply...



(above) Holes were drilled to give access to the jigsaw blade...



(above) Pattern & panel...



(above) Panel installed...



(above) I want the hinges on the bed to be less prominent so I epoxied strips of 1/8" ply over the hinge wings...I taped over the hinge to keep life easier later...



(above) Clamped...Later they will be sanded flush and veneered over...



(above) The curb-side, cab-over face panel was glued and then given a sealer coat of epoxy...



(above) The bed was unfolded and the plywood was given a sealer coat as well....


Next I went out and got the final parts to install the propane components, and went to see about getting some leather for the bench and back panels...What the supplier had was limited in color selection and if I wanted to order a skin, the cost was now $9.00 a square foot...No thanks...I'll go online later and see what I can find...


Back to the shop...



(above) The headliner in the front end was sagging badly, so I removed it, as well as the other things up there that will be in the way when I install a new one...



(above) With the headliner gone, I saw that I could insulate the ceiling...The insulation will be glued up there and give backing for the new headliner...



(above) In the back of my scrap plywood pile I found this piece of 1/8" Afromosia ply that was the perfect size for the headliner...



(above) After making and test fitting patterns, I cut the Afromisia to size, sanded it lightly then gave it a coat of teak oil...



(above) It will dry overnight then get installed first thing tomorrow...


See you then...