Twenty-Eight...



(above) With yesterday's epoxy dry on the other side, the bed was flipped over then a coat of epoxy was brushed onto any bare plywood...



(above) The foundation for the bed was turned over and an access panel for the gauge wires was cut in...You just gotta have access to those things...



(above) Some plywood strips, epoxy and a few pin-nails create a bottom rim for the lid to sit on...



(above) Turned back over...The way you get in is with the bed fully pulled out, so that access panel will be hidden almost always, but if you need to get in, you can...



(above) I had the heat on in the Jeep so it was time to insulate the headroom area in the front cabin...



(above) 3/4 of the way insulated...



(above) 100%...



(above) The 1/8" Afromosia ply headliner panel got patterned with polyurethane adhesive...



(above) Then it was slid in (from the rear cabin, over the roll-bar) then aligned and pushed hard and held with low tech methods...Nothing fancy here...



(above) Next it was finally time to install all the cab-over stuff...The vertical panel that hides the lights and air tank was taped so I could see my scribe lies, then cut to fit...Took two tracings and cutting to get it right...



(above) The bed foundation was put in place to check the fit with the gauge panel now attached...



(above) The side panel was positioned so I could accurately cut a piece of carpet for the bottom...


[
(above) Something like that...Then everything was removed one last time...



(above) One last look before the final install...Note the poly-U adhesive on the side fabric...There to keep it up after it's folded and pressed...



(above) The vertical panel had a plywood back and it was as far forward as it could be...That meant it was up against the lights and air tank...That meant it would rattle annoyingly when rolling along and bumping against the hard components, so I glued a scrap piece of carpet over the ply...Rattle-be-gone...



(above) Before the final install, I want to fiberglass the front headliner ply to the steel frame to prevent the headliner from moving at all later...I trust the adhesives I used, but if I see a way to build it better, I will...Here it means three layers of fiberglass tape and 30 ml of epoxy resin...



(above) Three minutes later...The backside of that ply sure looks nice now...



(above) Then it was back to the shop to permanently install the bed pull-out to the foundation part...Since the Poly-U tube was right there oozing at the tip, I dabbed the end of the screw in it before screwing it in...Locked-tight...



(above) The bed assembly is on it's side...I put a scrap of carpet on the back of the drawer foundation to help it blend into the other grey shades in the cab-over...



(above) On the back side I put some Poly-U under the fabric, then taped it flat...



(above) Been waiting to do this for a while now...Polyurethane adhesive on the fiberglass cab-over...Ready for the bed assembly...It was wrestled in place, aligned and clamped...



(above) Then the side piece was glued in position and clamped...Then the cut carpet was dropped-in folded and left to set...Before I put it in, I washed the carpet and it was still more than damp when I put it in...I'm thinking because it was wet, it will take a better 'set' once it dries...



(above) Installed...



(above) Over on the far driver's side, I put a narrow filler strip of carpet in...To protect and conceal the wiring and air tubes, I put a piece of grey pipe insulation over it...I like that...



(above) One last look at the front cabin ceiling...


Today was satisfying to finally install the cab-over area...It will get worked a bit more in the days to come with fiberglass, veneers and finished lumber...


At the end of the day, I stepped back and appreciated how big a day today was...


More tomorrow...