Thirty...



(above) Where I left off...Routering the second slot in the drawer faces for the pulls / latches...Jigs pin-nailed to the drawer blanks...



(above) The backside of the drawer faces after the routering was finished...



(above) Rough faces in position...To securely mount the face to the drawer box, I'll use adhesives a couple of pin-nails and the fail safe will be T-nuts...The pencil marks on the faces are the location for the T-nuts...



(above) The zebrawood edging was proud of the drawer faces so I belt sanded them flush...This simple set-up of ply scraps, nailed to the work table, made flat sanding easy...



(above) Sanded and T-nutted...



(above) I'ts time to veneer the faces...On the left is the veneer, face down...The veneer is thin, real wood, bonded to a paper backing to keep it dimensionally stable and simplify use...The contact cement is solvent based and is high in bad fumes, so a respirator and good ventilation are suggested...



(above) A coat of cement is brushed on each surface and left to get dry to the touch...



(above) After fifteen minutes of air drying the faces were ready to be bonded to the veneer...I put the faces on the veneer spaced as they will be installed, with 1/8" gaps between the drawers...



(above) I pull out a knife I got in Japan to do precision cutting...I'll first cut the drawers apart, then fine tune the edges flush, then the slots for the slide-bolts need to be opened up...



(above) After each cut, I sharpen the blade on a piece of 220 grit...That baby stays sharp...



(above) Drawer faces in position with a rough slide-bolts in place...Also note the walnut inserts that are part of the design to keep the bolts from sliding open when driving...More on that below...



(above) It's good now... It's going to get better...I have a plan...You'll see...



(above) For now, I'm stoked how it works and looks...



(above) Next the slide-bolts get the corners rounded...To maintain consistency, I ganged the bolts in a nail-together plywood jig...



(above) Then with one hand holding a scrap of ply hard atop of the bolts, and the other hand holding a 50 grit sanding block, the edges get rounded as a group...



(above) Consistency...


I've evolved my thoughts about keeping the slide-bolts shut...The last idea I had was to use wood pegs going into drilled holes to keep the bolts from moving when in transit...My revised thinking is to use the smallest bullet latched mounted in the walnut peg and an indent hole drilled into the teak slider...Just enough pressure to keep the bolt from moving while rattling down the road, and no loose parts to possibly lose...Makes sense to me...


More tomorrow... 


After I surf...!!!...