Thirty-Nine...

I took fewer pictures the past couple of days...The focus has been about fine tuning the details...At times progress crawls...Finishing things can be like that, but forward progress does continue...


(above) The lighting for the rear cabin will be divided...Concealed LED rope lighting under the roll-bar covers and exposed LED rope lights across the roof at the ends...To help the reflectivity under the roll-bar, I put aluminum tape on the underside of the shelf and on the wall facing portion of the roll bar...The aluminum tape I have, is used primarily for taping seams in HVAC installations...The better form of duct tape...All aluminum, no fabric...


(above) After quite a bit of testing for the prime position of the rope lights, on this side I went with it being set as close to the wall as possible...On the curb side the lights were positioned near the lower edge of the vertical panel due to the window flange that would have blocked a lot of the light...


(above) Both of the roll-bar lights will be on a single switch, so to connect them I soldered them together like this...After the solder connection I did two things...First, the bare wires were covered with hot glue, then covered with shrink wrap tubing...The connector wire now fits, concealed, atop of the roll bar at the rear...


(above) The edge of the curb-side bench will need a rim to keep the cushion from moving around...So I ripped some zebrawood to a bit over 2" then cut a dado in it and cut box joints on the portable tablesaw set up just to do box joints...I then cut that narrow slot with a handsaw to accept the narrow remainder of the other part of the joint...I could have just removed the sliver, but once it gets finished, it'll look cool if you appreciate the details...


(above) With the box joint saw still out, I cut a simple ones for the sink edge...That's teak...


(above) The rear door is a close fit to the cabinet, so I hand planed away enough to get minimal clearance...The scrap piece of zebrawood edging there shows the special cut to fit there...I only left about an 1/8" on the thin side...Backed-up solid, so I'm not concerned with it breaking off...


(above) The edging for the bench was then put together with polyurethane constuction adhesive and pin-nailed to the plywood edge...After the glue sets up tomorrow, I'll put screws from the underside of the ply into the zebrawood....

The inverter panel was trimmed a bit for even clearance, then the brass latches were fine tuned to fit, then installed...The wood edging on the sides of the panel were installed, then everything got a coat of Tung oil...


(above) The sink and edge is fiberglass and even though a purely adhesive bonded edge would probably be alright, here I think it's better tho have screws anchored into the fiberglass...The brass screws were installed into pre-drilled holes into the fiberglass...The teak edging received matching holes to capture the screws...


(above) Next a strong bead of Poly-U adhesive was put on the wood and into the holes, then it was tightly fitted over the screws and clamped to the edge...


(above) After the adhesive had set, the top edges were hand planed...Still needs more sanding, but you get a sense of what it'll look like...

On top of the bench is the thin plywood pattern that will be handed over to the bench cushion maker tomorrow...

Up front, by the fan, is a cover for the pneumatic rams that lift the roof...I can see now how the rear cabin will really have a fit and finished completeness that I never really planned for...It's just happening...


(above) The pull-out desk tops got their copper tops...

With all the copper and rich toned woods, the quality to the light has a feel similar to sitting around a campfire..You feel like slowing down and really relaxing back here...Unplanned goal achieved...


(above) Up here, the holes for the gauges were cut out and the components were loosely relocated...

The top of the bed pull-out cover had another piece of trim installed to create an even line of wood from roll-bar cover to roll-bar cover...The even line works to create a nice visual consistency around the rear cabin...

Mike had the pad for the bed sent to me...It's that red thing over the front-panel wood...When deployed it fits perfect on the bed and is a deliciously thick 3.5"...

Getting closer...More tomorrow...