Thirty-Four...



(above) Since the last update, I got the material for the curb-side bench and back-rest covers....Leather...



(above) I also went to Vancouver B.C. for the weekend and while wandering, found these...Might use 'em, might not...



(above) Back on the bench , the countertop and edging...



(above) 40 grit powered by enthusiasm...



(above) The copper was hit with 600 grit, 1000 grit and 0000 steel wool...



(above) The teak was dry sanded to 100 grit, then oil sanded to 220 grit...More coats, oil sanded to with finer grits to come...



(above) Needed to dimple the teak where it nears the roll bar...



(above) Loose, dry fit...



(above) The edging was pin-nailed to the plywood under the copper, then epoxy was squeegeed into the joint...Also notice the ground-away ply edge...Did it because of the slightly ramped fiberglassed cabinet/wall joint...



(above) Next, I needed to do something about the heat vent on the lower driver-side cabinet panel...This is the heater hose flange...Ugly, unless you are the type who like molded black plastic...I'm not...



(above) I found these walnut scraps that were going to be the drawer slide-bolt captures...Mitered the ends, taped them in line...



(above) ...epoxied the corners....



(above) ...folded them over...



(above) ...then taped them square...I put them close to the heater to dry...



(above) While waiting for the epoxy to set-up, the backs of the drawers and wall panels received a coat of epoxy...



(above) Fast forward a bit...I used the notched walnut scraps to make the other part of the new heater vent grille, then fit it into the mitered frame...



(above) Now sanded and fit to the panel...I'm going to try to find some brass screen to fit behind the grille...



(above) The other half of the story is what's behind the grille...If you remember, this is what the original panel had on it...It's the panel under that yellow thing...there are two things mounted on it; the heat vent and a 12 volt fan...



(above) My solution...This mounts behind the walnut panel and brass screen...



(above) ...like this...



(above) With that resolved, the curb-side wall veneer panel was made...


More tomorrow...