Thirty-Five...



(above) Today the focus is getting panels and faces the first coat of oil, and getting them installed...Prior to oiling the inverter panel, the 12 volt outlet gets mounted and locked in place with a shot of "90 second epoxy"... 



(above) I gave a squeeze of hot-glue to the thread connection too...It's nice to have a rigid 12 volt outlet...Solid is good...



(above) This connection received a blob of hot-glue...No rattle and shake will re-position this bundle of wires...



(above) Recognizing the benefit of good ventilation at the inverter, a 2.5" hole was drilled in the panel, then a strip of PSA backed veneer was inserted...



(above) To trim the excess veneer I used a knife, then sanded it flush...



(above) I wanted to find some brass screen to fit to the inside of the vents, but it wasn't available locally, so I went for "animal resistant" screen...It's secured with hot-glue and picture framed thin ply with pin nails...



(above) Next it was time to oil the panels...After a heap of research, I went with a modified Tung Oil...The first coat gets brushed on, then rubbed in with a clean white industrial strength paper towel...



(above) The heat vent / fan box was made firmt with fiberglass and epoxy...Again, built to ramble down bumpy trails...



(above) The driver-side cabinet top was prepped for the countertop by dusting, then wiping with water...Next poly-urethane adhesive was laid down and the countertop was laid onto the adhesive, fine tuned for position, then weighed down...



(above) The curb-side wall and panel were prepped similarly, then installed...



(above) Just a little levered lifting holds it in place until the adhesive sets...



(above) This panel was installed next and pressed firm with a few blocks of wood...



(above) Tomorrow after the weights are removed, the backsplash wall panel will be installed...So will the drawer faces...



(above) I love how the color just comes alive with the tung oil...


More tomorrow...