Ten



(above) Monday morning, new year…





(above) After sorting out the shop, I unpacked the sealed cardboard that was delivered last week…Here are some of the bed making supplies…





(above) Pull-out hardware for porta-potti, fridge, desk drawers and a big brass bed hinge…





(above) Sensor and monitor for LPG leaks…





(above) Cooktop…





(above) I also unrolled the veneers…I’ll get to using them soon, so getting them to flatten out is a must…





(above) Insane grain…





(above) Peeled trees never looked so good…





(above) Again, I water tested the rear door channel…





(above) As it’s supposed to be…





(above) Cabinet making time…





(above) Driver side casework roughed out…Baltic birch plywood…





(above) Put inside…





(above) The curb side cabinets are next…I used the temporary patterns as a router guide to cut out the finished plywood…No measuring or marking, just an accurate cut from a fitted and proven part…It really can be this easy…





(above) Used the rail guide saw to cut the wheelwell access hole…I’ll finish this cabinet case tomorrow…





(above) The rain returned and I noticed another leak coming down the walls…the source (this time) is from the water that comes off here, drops onto the top of the cabin wall and runs along until it feels a dip, then drops onto a wall…


Out of the factory they made no provision for a curb on top of the wall to prevent this…


You’ll see my solution tomorrow…What would be yours…???…





(above) As you can see, it can be more than a trickle…


Today, my plan has changed significantly…I realize now that whatever goes in the Jeep will likely, at some point get wet to very wet…I have to design for that…Not quite boating wet, but wet enough to ruin woodwork fine and rough…


What I will do is seal every piece of wood, plywood and veneer, every edge, inside and out, with at least two coats of epoxy…Good enough for surfboards, good enough for a Jeep…


More later…