Fifteen…



(above) Overnight in the heated shop, the epoxy set-up nice and hard… A good first coat…





(above) Both cases got a decent scuff sanding with 120 grit on an orbital sander…





(above) Inside the Jeep, I removed the temporary supports… The back of the propane case is flat and straight… The curb-side bench case will be set hard against it…





(above) I want to see how the curb-side case fits against the propane locker,so I bound the loose cables with stretch wrap to make threading the needle easier…





(above) Curb-side case in place…





(above) Looking into the wheel-well… The propane locker fitting tight with the C-S case… I see room on this side of the propane case to mount the regulator… I’ll need to remodel it a bit, but I have the space… Getting the two propane tanks to fit is pretty important, so the time to get it right is worth it…





(above) At the foot of the Porta-Potti case is the shower pan… You see that the cabinet overlaps the shower pan… Not good…





(above) The tape line is where I’ll cut the bottom ply… The case will get fiberglassed to the floor for a seamless install… Even though there will be a teak finished floor, I want the shower pan to be fully open, specifically at the Porta-Potti space… Just covering it up isn’t an option, it has to be done right…





(above) Holding the bench seat / bed extension / drop leaf thing in place…It swings into place as planned…Good enough for a head or foot rest…Not for sitting on…





(above) At first I thought there would only be a few wires coming through here… How things change… I need to grind away the subfloor a bit more at the keyhole…No chafing points allowed…





(above) Back in the shop with the big door down and the heat on… I added the 12 volt outlet up here for the fridge power… It fits up high because the house batteries are on the other side, down low… Up here it is out of the way of the top of the fridge and will let the pull-out extend without the cord getting in the way… Hopefully…





(above) Box joints & 40 grit… Put on the headphones and turn the volume to eleven…





(above) Hours later…





(above) After a quick sweep then a big blow out of the shop with the leaf blower, it’s time to get the first coat of epoxy on the drawer boxes… Dense foam paint rollers work great for that…


I only use Resin Research epoxy…Great stuff and I've tried most of the other epoxies...RR is predictable and that is important when it comes to epoxy...However, it is too thick out of the jugs to roll on easily, so after I pour out the right proportions of resin and hardener, I add about 25% denatured alcohol to thin the mix enough to roll on a thin, even coat...… The epoxy soaks into the wood best if it’s thinned… And that’s what these coats are for…Soaking and sealing...





(above) I like it…





(above) Here on the rear driver side roll-bar is where a piece of steel was welded on…I cut it away already, but the rough welds were still there and were scratching the side of the cabinet… Grinder time… Sparks flew… Big sparks...It’s always a good day when you get to make hot steel embers fly… Primal… “I am man, hear me roar”…


The two bolts on the right side of the wall got a grinding too…They might hit the far back of a drawer…





(above) The propane locker needed some tweaking… The plywood on the wall on the left side just hit the tank enough to keep the right tank from sliding in…So I “whittled away” with a couple of power tools until the twin tanks fit… I also had to grind away at a bit of the inner body metal at the low side of the right tank… Little bits make all the difference…





(above) At the end of the day, I added some subfloor support where I opened it up for the big wire “splices”… Again, I want a solid subfloor even though it will have a solid wood finish floor…It only takes a few more minutes to have it done right…


Another day done...


More tomorrow...