OK, the story continues...


Mike has handed over the keys to me so I can put a shine and polish to the inside...Mike has a great plan that he has fine tuned to prime efficiency... I've presented a few original ideas that Mike has allowed me to pursue...You'll see...


I've been busy finishing some residential carpentry and I just finished with a hollow-wood-stand-up-paddleboard workshop here in Olympia and now that I'm free of those commitments, my energy is focused on finishing the Earth Roamer...


Enough prelude, let's get started...



(above) Noon plus a couple of ticks…Right on time…The morning was sub-freezing and I wanted it warmer than that to start the “work”…





(above)…Which is, this…





(above) Mike’s Jeep Earth Roamer...





(above) As tricked out as they come…





(above) If it fits, it’s in here…





(above) Designed for extended excursions to where roads simply don’t exist…





(above) Long story short…Mike got it used for under half the MSRP…





(above) My work is to finish out the inside…





(above)And it begins in here…





(above) But first, I review the official “Scope Of Work”…





(above) Today, my goal is to make a very accurate full size pattern of the floor…





(above) These batteries are in the way so I’ll get them out…





(above) Next, using hardboard, hot glue and masking tape, I create a very accurate pattern…





(above) Crude but spot on…





(above) I didn’t use any measuring tools to make this…Way more accurate that way...





(above) Pulled out and on the driveway slab…





(above)…Then onto the work table…I’ve laid onto the pattern the components that will be built into the interior…From left to right: A Porta-Poti, a powered ice chest, and a couple of “house” batteries…





(above) With such a small space, fractions of an inch are worth fighting for…





(above) Mike’s plan looks like a winner…





(above) Even room for a 4# propane tank…





(above) Yes, it’s all making perfect sense…





(above) Tight is right…





(above) From the hot glued hardboard pattern, I made a temporary floor / working pattern of 1/2” OSB…The finish floor will be teak…





(above) After the weeks of planning, it sure is nice to finally see everything working out as planned…





(above) Late in the day and I’m feeling great about how it all will come together…


More later…