(above) Time to open the garage door and make the world a better place…





(above) First on my list today, to create access to the free space under the bench over the wheel-well…





(above) Bench-top ready for cutting…





(above) Yeah, like that…





(above) That brown panel, that is the pattern for a cushion that will have a rigid panel on one side and soft foam/fabric on the other…The size will be close to 30 x 37 and fit within the bed pull out when not needed as a seat back…





(above) In place, in front of the window…I need to fine tune this a bit before I’m 100% committed to it…It is one option, and options are good…





(above) The other idea is to have a back panel fit over here…You can stretch out and get views through the side and rear windows…Again, the panel would be rigid / soft, and store in the nose cone…This option seems better for relaxing, and the slope of the ceiling feels balanced with the seating position…I like the extended sight lines and a better use of natural light…Plus you can reach down, pull out the fridge and grab a refreshment, then another, and another…





(above) As part of the mock-up /clarifying the scope of work, I un-hitched the Inverter and mounted it to the rear panel under the seat…





(above) It fits…Barely…





(above) My method of keeping things understandable…Label and clearly photograph…





(above) The Fuse Box will fit here…Barely…





(above) Plenty of depth, but the height was tight…





(above) “That’s the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh uh-huh…”





(above) Finally I drilled out a hole for the Battery Monitor…





(above) By moving these here, then relocating the Blue and Grey Water Monitors to near the sink/roll-bar, then finding a better location for the Heater Control Knob, it completely opens up the space behind the sink for drawers and pull-outs…It is pretty amazing how much stuff fits in here…Neil Armstrong would be right at home in here, and probably be a bit more than jealous…





(above) The final challenge today is to relocate the finger size cables over to the new location…First I cut out the fiberglass floor for better access, Lord knows I need it…





(above) I’m so glad that this space was available otherwise these cables would have to routed under the vehicle and there is virtually no easy or even semi-easy way to do it…Underneath is as crammed with bolt-on stuff and cables the to re-route my wires I would have to unbolt some serious equipment…





(above) Even doing it this way was pretty hard to get those big-ol’ wires to feed through…At the end of the day (and week) I feel really good about the design and how I’ll accomplish the build…It was a very good first week…


I hope you are enjoying looking over my shoulder and I really like the comments and suggestions that have come my way…Keep ‘em coming…!!!…


More next week…